Thursday, November 22, 2007

Nan Jans 71st Birthday

We had Nan Jan come visit and stay with us last weekend for her Birthday. My mum and dad were also up for the day so we had a little birthday afternoon tea for her. Isn't she just amazing. We all enjoyed nan's delicious cooking. She always brings Dylan up some really yummy patty cakes with faces on them. I was going to ring her and tell her not to bring anything..because it was her birthday and she wasn't aloud...but before i got a chance there was a message on my answering machine saying "it's nan here...don't worry about tea cause I have made something for us to have". We loove nans cooking...almost as much as we love nan.


Here we are singing happy birthday to nan. Dylan was just about jumping through his skin to help nan blow out the candles. Later that day nan and Dylan had a big deep and meaningful talk about how Dylan is going to get himself a wise one day. It took nan a while to catch on but he was trying to tell her that one day he was going to get himself a wife. He has trouble saying f's lol. It was just so cute. We all had a good laugh anyway.


We had a really nice visit with nan.. and boy she has still got it. I think I went to bed at around 9pm. But Paul and nan ended up staying up until 3am talking. So we had a lazy Sunday with pancakes for breakfast. I took nan up to have a look at a boys town lottery house that I brought tickets in just up the road. The house was amazing (1.3 million dollars worth). It is drawn on the 19th of December and I am sure that I am going to win it lol. It comes with $60 000 in gold bullion, $10000 in travel, a car worth $50000 and $3000 dollars worth of presents. So if I win everyone is coming to ours for Christmas. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Loribee said...

She does look amazing. Does she still play tennis and Lawn Bowls every day? She is so fit. Miss her so much. Give her my love!

jen said...

Yeah you can't stop Nan. She still plays tennis, lawn bowls and goes to patchwork. I am sure she has a better social life than me. She sends her love to you guys to and so do we

jen said...

Yeah you can't stop Nan. She still plays tennis, lawn bowls and goes to patchwork. I am sure she has a better social life than me. She sends her love to you guys to and so do we