Sunday, October 14, 2007

Little Jenny

I have been asked by Lori to post a picture of me when I was younger. She said that Nanna tells her that I remind her of Laura. At the moment I only have this one photo of me as a young girl. The rest of my childhood photos are at my mums house in Toowoomba. So next time I go visit I will get a couple more to show you all.

I am guessing that i would have been 3 or 4 in this photo. I was in Kindergarten at the time in Toowoomba. I can remember the day quite well. It was dress up day. Mum went to quite some effort cutting up crepe paper to make me into a chicken....pretty clever huh. Mum always went to a lot of effort to make things special for us kids ...and looking back i appreciate those little things more than ever ( love you mum). Anyways the part that i remember most about this day was the fact that by the end of the day I remember most of the crepe paper had fallen off...leaving only a few lone tassels and my cute little undies. Oh to be a kid again

6 comments:

Loribee said...

What an adorable little girl you were! Love the chicken outfit your Mum made. I just love sharing these photos with you dear. This is really the highlight of my day! Thank you Trish, Lisa, Annie & Audrey for getting me involved in blogging.

jen said...

And thankyou for getting me blogging Lori. It is such a great way for us to keep in touch and all get to know each other a little better. Of a morning now I kiss the kids..then check the blogs. I'm loving it to. Love you all jen

Tricia said...

Jenny, you precious little chickie! Your dimples are still the same! And I am still laughing over the thought of you at the end of the day in just undies and paper tassels. =)

Lisa said...

Very cute!!! Is dress up day like our Halloween? Do you guys celebrate Halloween down under?

jen said...

No one here really celebrates holloween. So the kids that do go trick or treating hardly get anything because no-one is prepared. I guess it has never really caught on here because in todays crazy world not many people want their children knocking on stangers doors. It's sad really because I imagine it would be loads of fun!

Dress up day was just like a fansy-dress party really. Lots of fun!

Antigone said...

Sounds like so much fun for a kid. And I love the costume and the story you told about the end of the day. Very cute!