Saturday, October 27, 2007

Our Engagement


I wanted to share this picture with you all as it is so special to me. Paul had actually already asked me to marry him, but he wanted to ask my dad before we told the family. He is such a sweet heart. So this photo was taken the day he asked Dad and we announced our Engagement to the rest of the family at a family BBQ at my grandma's house. I remember being just sooo happy and sooo excited that I just wanted to scream.
Now that was some years ago and we are still not married lol. Not from lack of trying ... we have just had a couple of little things pop up .... like our 2 beautiful children Dylan and Lily. But now that we are settled and have our house at the coast and our complete little family we are hoping to next focus our attention on planning a wedding. We are not sure on dates yet but hopefully late 2008 or early 2009. I am hoping for a simple beach wedding. Both Paul and myself looove the beach so what better place to get married! We will keep you updated!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

That is sweet how he's looking at you with such adoring eyes. I can see why. Yes, simple is sometimes the way to go with weddings - just make it your own and forget about any 'rules' =)

Audrey said...

Awwww, That's a wonderful photo!! =D You guys look so sweet together. Do you guys have plans to come back to the states any time in the near future?

jen said...

Yeah we hope to come back as soon as we can. Although we probably won't be able to come until I go back to work because things are a little tight on one wage. I am hoping to have twelve months off with Lily so will probably go back to work aroung June/July next year.If only money wasn't problem...you wouldn't be able to keep us away!
But in the mean time, any one interested in coming to Australia (Hint Hint) is welcome to stay with us

Loribee said...

I love this photo of the two of you. What a good-looking couple you make. Kiss the babies for Nana.

Tricia said...

What a beautiful couple-no wonder your kids are so cute!

A beach wedding is a great idea, and you have such spectacular beaches where you are. Bet the pictures would be lovely and the memories would be, too.

George and I got married in Jamaica on a pier. I have to laugh when watching the video, because someone in a fishing boat keeps traveling back and forth behind us the whole time! =p

jen said...

jJaimaca that sounds beatiful...funny about the fishing boat lol. And Nana the kids got a big smacker from you. Love to all

jen said...

Jaimaca that sounds beatiful...funny about the fishing boat lol. And Nana the kids got a big smacker from you. Love to all

Loribee said...

Barry and I got married at the Justice of the Peace on our lunch hour. Lindsey and Grandma Agnes were the only ones there. We walked in the room and Lindsey (only 6 yrs. old)says,"In an office! You are getting married in an office!" She was horrified. But it turned out ok, because we are still married.